Nottingham City Transport is celebrating the 10th birthday of its popular Go2 service with a brand new GO2 Yellow line – set to be the most frequent transport service into the city from the Bulwell and Basford areas.
Go2 Yellow 68/69 will see 12 brand new 86-seater double-decker buses running from every 7 minutes, with a new night bus running until 3.15am Friday and Saturday nights. In addition, all the buses will be fitted with real-time tracking technology, so passengers will be able to see their exact time of arrival digitally displayed at bus stops, on the NCT website, or via a smartphone app.
Passengers will have a chance to see one of the spacious, state-of-the-art Yellow line double-deckers up close this Saturday (1st October 2011), as NCT is holding a special 10th birthday party in front of Nicholson’s Bar at the Hilton Hotel in Nottingham city centre.
“Not only has it been 10 years since we launched our Go2 service, but it’s also 10 years since we opened our Travel Centre on the Market Square,” says Nottingham City Transport Marketing Manager, Anthony Carver-Smith. “It’s incredible to think that in the last decade on Go2, we’ve bought 275 new buses, we’ve carried over 300 million passengers, and we’ve driven nearly 11 million kilometres! Our Travel Centre has topped up over 3 million cards, selling nearly 64 million days of travel to customers, and NCT has won 12 national, prestigious awards!”
Anthony Carver-Smith, continues, “We thought the fact that our reliable Go2 service has grown in passenger figures each year to date, the ongoing success of our busy Travel Centre, plus the launch of our great new Go2 Yellow service, was worth celebrating! So, this Saturday from our yellow double-decker parked outside Nicholson’s Bar at the Hilton near the Victoria Centre, we’ll be giving away balloons, bus models, birthday cupcakes and rewarding our loyal customers with a special £10 off voucher inside our birthday cards!”
Since we launched Go2 and opened our Travel Centre 10 years ago:
- We have carried 304,139,569 customers on our fast, frequent and direct Go2 network
- Purchased 275 brand new buses
- Driven 10,802,472 kilometres
- Topped up 3,009,472 smart cards in the Travel Centre
- Sold 63,978,117 days of travel on Easyrider Citycards
- Won 12 prestigious national awards, including UK Bus Operator of the Year in 2004 and we’re shortlisted for City Operator of the Year this year!
- Helped Nottingham be voted the Campaign for Better Transport’s Least Car Dependent City
- Introduced a real time tracking system live on over 40 years, with times displayed at stops, on our website, an app and android!
- Ensured nearly every bus is wheelchair accessible, with a 100% compliant fleet expected by the end of the year
- Launched Go2 Night, 10 bus routes from the City every Friday and Saturday night running as late as 3.15am!