Christmas is a time for giving and this Christmas, NCT has given nearly £20,000 to charity – all thanks to employee fundraising.
The charities who have benefited are: Nottinghamshire Hospice, Newlife the Charity for Disabled Children, Guide Dogs, Framework, Clifton Ruddington & Silverdale Donation Group, Nottingham Community Housing Association, Nottingham Hospitals Charity and Save the Children UK
The money has been raised in several ways, ranging from employees wearing Christmas jumpers to work to donating their Christmas bonus, as well as the sale of unclaimed lost property, the NCT Employee Charity Fund and employees just pulling together to donate money for the QMC Neonatal Unit in memory of a baby girl of two of their colleagues who tragically passed away earlier in the year.
Examples of how the money will be spent include:
- A special hoist for a disabled girl to be able to travel and enjoy time outside with her family (Newlife Charity)
- The training of two Guide Dog puppies, to give two blind or partially sighted people independence (Guide Dogs)
- Supporting a Street Outreach Team, who help rough sleepers every day, helping find them safe and secure accommodation and appropriate treatment for any underlying issues (Framework)
- Providing food and Gifts for those most in need in Clifton (Clifton Donation Group)
- Enabling 50 vulnerable people to enjoy a night out watching Cinderella at Nottingham Playhouse (Nottingham Community Housing Association)
- Making a contribution to the Big Neonatal Appeal at QMC (Nottingham Hospitals Charity)
Anthony Carver-Smith, NCT Marketing Manager commented, “NCT is proud to support the local community and the £20,000 raised by our employees and donated just before Christmas will make such a big difference to so many people in Nottingham”.