Nottingham City Transport will be making changes to some fares from Sunday 25th March 2018.
We appreciate nobody likes to pay more, but we are no longer able to absorb above inflationary increases in our operating costs and have to pass some of these costs on to our customers.
From 25th March 2018, our fares will be:
On Bus Cash Tickets:
- Standard City Single – increased for the first time in 4 years to £2.20 (or £2.00 if you switch to paying through the NCTX Buses app or Robin Hood PAYG)
- All Day Ticket – £4.00 (or £3.80 if you switch to paying through the NCTX Buses app (where you get 24 hours travel) or Robin Hood PAYG)
- Short Hop and Local Fare – £1.50
- Clifton Local Fare – £1.10
- Inner City Return – £2.50
- Eventrider – ticket withdrawn
- NightBus – frozen at £3.00
- Network Rider – £6.50
- Robin Hood – £5.00
Fares on the 1, 26/C, 46, 47 and 100 to the Outer Area are also revised – see below.
- Single – increased for the first time in 8 years to £1.10 (or still £1.00 if you switch to paying through the NCTX Buses app)
- All Day Ticket – frozen at £2.50
- Network Rider – frozen at £5.00
- Robin Hood – £3.00
Fares on the 1, 26/C, 46, 47 and 100 to the Outer Area are unchanged.
Grouprider and Network Grouprider
Grouprider and Network Grouprider prices are frozen.
- £5 after 09:30 every weekday and all day at the weekends and on Bank Holidays
- £10 before 09:30 every weekday (including school holidays)
Network Grouprider will be £7.50 every weekday and all day at the weekends and Bank Holidays and £15.00 before 09:30 on weekdays
The student fare available on the 28, 30, 31, 34, 35, 36 is frozen at £1.50 cash or £1.25 in the NCTX Buses App.
The £1 Dog Rover ticket price is frozen.
Easyrider Mobile through the NCTX Buses App
Download the free NCTX Buses app (from the App Store or Google Play) and pay using a debit/credit card or Apple Pay. Buy your ticket at any time and then activate your ticket when you’re ready to travel. On the bus, just show the ticket screen to the driver when you get on.
Prices on the NCTX Buses App will increase for the first time since it launched in 2016. We’re also introducing discounts on the bundles of singles and day tickets. Outer Area fares are now also available, sold as 2 Trip tickets.
- Single (valid for 15 minutes after activation): £2.00 each or pay £1.90 per trip when you buy 10 singles for £19.00
- 24 Hours City Area: £3.80 each or pay £3.60 per day when you buy 5 days for £18.00
- 5 Days City Area (valid for 120 hours after activation): £17.00
- 24 Hours Network: £6.50
- 5 Days Network (valid for 120 hours after activation): £25.00
To qualify for Under 19 fares, customers will need to have their age verified in the NCT Travel Centre or by emailing [email protected] after making the first purchase.
- Single (valid for 15 minutes after activation): frozen at £1.00 or buy 10 trips for £9.50
- 24 Hours City Area: frozen at £2.50 or buy 5 days for £11.75
- 5 Days City Area (valid for 120 hours after activation): frozen at £11.00
- 24 Hours Network: frozen at £5.00
- 5 Days Network (valid for 120 hours after activation): frozen at £15.00
Outer Area Cash Fares
In the main:
- Single fares will increase by 10p (except the £4.15 fare, which increases by 15p)
- Return fares will increase by 20p
- Easyride Purse discount will be 15%
Single Fares are shown below. Day Return Fares will be as per this table:
To read a Faretable, place your finger on the name of the place you are boarding. Then move your finger down the column until it corresponds with the line to your destination. E.g. on South Notts 1, Nottingham to East Leake is £3.90; Clifton to Stanford is £3.90.
South Notts 1
Sky Blue 46, 47
Pathfinder 100 and Lilac 26/C
Easyrider continues to offer the best value price per day for travel on the NCT network.
There are no changes to Adult or Under 19 Easyrider Anyday or Anyday Further prices. Across all Easyrider types, the Student discount will be 15% off the adult price. Direct Debit renewals will no longer be discounted because of increased banking and administration costs.
Easyrider Everyday Further
Easyrider Anyday Further
Robin Hood Pay as You Go and Season Tickets
Robin Hood is ideal for people who travel on more than one operator. Visit the Robin Hood Network website for more details.
Pay As You Go:
- Single journey on NCT Buses: £2.00 Adult, £1.00 Under 19
- Unlimited journeys on NCT Buses on 1 day: £3.80 Adult; £2.50 Under 19
- Unlimited journeys on more than one operator on 1 day: £4.50 Adult; £2.90 Under 19
You can buy your PAYG Card and top it up with credit from the Robin Hood Ticket Machines across Nottingham.
The Robin Hood Operators Group has announced changes to these prices, which will be:
|Period of Travel||Adult||Student*||Under 19|
|1 Month Direct Debit||£67.00||–||£40.00|