The Riverside Festival is Nottingham’s biggest free festival weekend offering three days of family entertainment. It is a unique and fun festival covering one mile along the banks of the River Trent, at Victoria Embankment, adjacent to Trent Bridge.
Three days of live music, great food and things to see, plus loads for kids in the Fab Kids’ Zone. The spectacular fireworks display on Saturday night is a must see! There is a host of activities for festival goers to enjoy from a bustling street fair with rides and games to a vibrant mix of live music performances from around the globe.
Buses from the City Centre
We run very frequent buses between the City Centre and Trent Bridge throughout the Riverside Festival, with extra buses marked “Trent Bridge” at busy times.
- Green 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 from Victoria Centre (Parliament Street) outside Lloyds Bank
- Navy 1 or 3 from Beastmarket Hill in the Old Market Square
Buses also pick up on Maid Marian Way, Broadmarsh Collin Street and Carrington Street (for the Railway Station). We recommend if you’re travelling in the evening to use the Victoria Centre stops for Green Line buses.
Buses drop off at Trent Bridge.
Buses back to the City Centre from Trent Bridge
We run very frequent buses between the Trent Bridge, Victoria Embankment back to the City Centre throughout the Riverside Festival, with extra buses at busy times. Our staff are on hand throughout to manage the buses and demand.
At the end of the Fireworks Display on Saturday night, several buses will be in place to take people back to the City Centre.
Easyrider, Robin Hood, All Day Tickets and concessionary cards are valid as normal.
- Single between City and Trent Bridge – £2.20 Cash or £2.00 in the NCTX Buses App for Adults or £1.10 for Under 19s
- Single between Railway Station and Trent Bridge – ask for a £1.40 Short Hop (Adult) or £1.10 for Under 19s
- Return between City and Trent Bridge – ask for a £2.50 Inner City Return (Adult)
- All day travel on NCT Buses – £4.00 Adult or £3.80 in the NCTX Buses App for Adults or £2.50 for Under 19s
Families and couples can travel with our Grouprider ticket at £5.00 for up to 5 people (min 1 adult, max 2 adults). These tickets allow unlimited use from the time of purchase until 04:29 the following morning and cover all our buses in Nottingham, making them ideal for connecting with Navy and Green Line buses in the City Centre. Buy on the bus with exact fare or in the NCTX Buses App using a debit or credit card.