Nottingham City Transport (NCT) is the biggest transport operator in Nottingham, with 330 buses providing a comprehensive network of services across the city, 7 days a week.
We are an Award Winning bus company and our recent achievements include:
- UK Bus Operator of the Year 2016, making us the first bus operator to win the title 4 times!
- Route One Large Operator of the Year 2016
- Award for Customer Focus, European Business Awards 2015
- Excellence in Science and Technology, Nottingham Post Business Awards 2015
- UK Bus Operator of the Year 2014
- Top National Bus Driver 2014 – Les Roome
- City Operator of the Year 2014
- Guide Dogs Award for Breaking Down Barriers in 2014
- Route One Large Operator of the Year 2013
- UK Bus Operator of the Year 2012
We carry some of the most satisfied bus users in the country, with a 92% overall satisfaction rating in the independent Transport Focus Satisfaction Survey (2016).
Through continued investment in modern, fully accessible buses and increasing frequencies on core routes throughout the City, we have been able attract more people on to our buses, bucking a national trend of bus passenger decline.
All NCT buses are tracked by satellite, feeding live bus departure information to hundreds of bus stops across the network as well as being available on our fully responsive website and NCTX Buses app. Keeping up with technological advances, Wi-Fi is fitted to every bus and USB charging points are now being introduced.
Easyrider smart cards and payment through the NCTX Buses app offer the best value way to travel around Nottingham.
NCT in numbers
Some interesting facts and figures about NCT:
- We’ve been UK Bus Operator the Year four times (the only operator who has been!) – 2004, 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Passenger Satisfaction on our buses is amongst the highest in the country – 92% in 2016
- NCT is the 5th biggest private employer in Greater Nottingham – the top 4 are all multi-national organisations
- Passenger trips per year: 50 million (2014/15)
- Bus journeys scheduled to run every week: 39,343 – over 2 million a year
- Litres of fuel used per year: 9 million litres
- Number of drivers: 800
- Hours of service per week: 23,622 – about 1.2 million per year
- Kilometres operated per week: 380,440.5 – just under 20 million every year
- Number of buses operated: 330
- Percentage of accessible buses: 100%
- Percentage of buses with audio announcements: 90%
- Percentage of buses with free Wi-Fi: 100%
- Number of routes operated: 67
Who owns NCT?
NCT was ‘privatised’ in 1986 and Nottingham City Council held 100% equity of the company until 2000, when Transdev PLC the UK arm of the French multi national transport operator acquired an effective 18% stake in the company.
Providing those we serve with a safe, reliable, value for money, integrated, public transport network which has the least impact on our environment.