The Engineering Department has a vacancy for an Engineering Vehicle Technician at Parliament Street Garage.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A car and PCV driving licence, however we may consider training a non-PCV licence holder.
- Experience of Cummins and Scania drivetrain and electrical systems
- Experience of modern CAN bus electrical systems and OEM diagnostic systems
- At least 3 years post qualifying experience ideally in a main dealer or PSV or HGV workshop
- Holder of a recognised apprenticeship qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ 3) in heavy vehicle repair (truck or bus)
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, manufacturers and suppliers
- Operate as an efficient team member taking responsibility and ownership when required
- Continually develop knowledge and skills and mentor less experienced colleagues
- Have a strong work ethic and understand the need to be reliable and flexible
About the Role:
To maintain, inspect, diagnose, repair and test mechanical and electrical systems and equipment and to carry out repairs as necessary on a modern fleet of buses and company vehicles, to ensure they are maintained to a high standard.
The Engineering Vehicle Technician will carry out any reasonable maintenance activities within his or her capability and training, whilst subject to good working practices being achieved and health and safety standards being met.
Our ideal candidate will have both electrical and mechanical knowledge in the HGV / PCV repair industry to enhance our current and proposed vehicle shift rota, to meet the demands of our varying workloads and is prepared to acquire ongoing vehicle type training.
Hours of Work:
- Sunday to Saturday, 5 from 7. Varying hours on a rotating shift pattern.
Rates of Pay and Benefits:
- £19.61 per hour with enhancements for Saturday/Sunday working with unpaid meal breaks.
- 25 days holiday per year plus recognised Bank Holidays
- Free travel for you and two nominees on all NCT buses and the tram
- Excellent pension scheme with 6% employer contributions (after approx. 3 months)
- Great health care package that includes dental and optical care with a range of other benefits (after 6 months)
- Life assurance worth £10,000 (after 6 months)
How to Apply:
Applications are managed online. Before you apply, there are a few basic requirements:
- You must be legally entitled to work in the UK
- Basic skills in reading, writing and maths are important too
- All new employees have to undertake a medical assessment as part of the assessment process
As you complete the application form, remember this is your opportunity to sell yourself. Tell us as much about you as possible and why you want to work for NCT.
Closing date for applications is 29th February 2024.