We're recruiting an Engineering Technician to work at our Parliament Street Garage.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A car and PCV driving licence, however training for a non PCV licence holder may be considered for the right applicant.
- Previous experience is essential.
- Holder of a recognised apprenticeship qualification (City and Guilds or NVQ level 3)
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, manufacturers and suppliers
- Operate as an efficient team member taking responsibility and ownership when required
- Continually develop knowledge and skills and mentor less experienced colleagues
- Have a strong work ethic and understand the need to be reliable and flexible
About the Role:
To maintain, inspect, diagnose, repair and test mechanical and electrical systems and equipment and to carry out any repairs as necessary to ensure safe and roadworthy vehicles to a high standard of reliability and quality to. The Engineering Technician will carry out any reasonable maintenance activities within his or her capability and training subject to good working practices being achieved and health and safety standards being met.
The Technician role needs to be someone with both electrical and mechanical knowledge to enhance our current and proposed vehicle shift rota, to meet the demands of our varying workloads and is prepared to acquire the necessary skills through training. A detailed job description is available on request.
Hours of Work:
Sunday to Saturday, five from seven. Varying hours on a rotating shift pattern, including nights
Rates of Pay and Benefits:
Monday – Friday (Earlies and Lates) £16.30 per hour (enhancements for Saturday/Sunday and night working with unpaid meal breaks. 4 x 8 hours and 1 x 7.5 hour shifts 37 paid hours. 39.5 hour week total.
The Benefits Package includes:
- 25 days holiday per year plus recognised Bank Holidays
- Defined Contribution Scheme and Healthcare Plan (after a qualifying period)
- Free Travel on the NCT bus and NET tram network for employee and spouse/partner.
How to Apply:
Applications are managed online. Before you apply, there are a few basic requirements:
- You must be legally entitled to work in the UK
- Basic skills in reading, writing and maths are important too
- All new employees have to undertake a medical assessment as part of the assessment process
As you complete the application form, remember this is your opportunity to sell yourself. Tell us as much about you as possible and why you want to work for NCT. So, if you’d like to join our award winning team, apply here.
Closing date for applications is Saturday 1 June 2019.