Faster, Cheaper, Smarter: one pay as you go card for public transport in Nottingham
What is Robin Hood Pay as You Go Travel?
It’s a really useful smartcard from which the cost of travel is automatically deducted as you travel around Nottingham.
You don’t have to decide in advance which ticket to purchase either, the card works this out and gives you the best fare on the day for the trips you’ve made!
Smartcard readers on buses and trams give you a running total of your fare as you move around the city – you’ll always know what your balance is. You can also check your balance at any of our Robin Hood Network Ticket Machines, situated near bus stops and in district centres.
How Do I Buy and Top Up My Card?
You can purchase and top-up your card from any Robin Hood Network Ticket Machine located around the city. Find your nearest machine here.
The minimum top up is £5. You can also find out the current balance on your card on bus stop vending machines.
- Single Trip on NCT buses in Nottingham – £1.90
- Unlimited trips on NCT buses in Nottingham for the day – £3.50
- Unlimited trips on any NCT, NET, Local Link, trentbarton or Kinchbus for the day – £4.30
Where can I use my Robin Hood Card?
The card is valid only within the Greater Nottingham boundary (see map) on most services operated by:
- Nottingham City Transport (all services, including NightBus, except those which travel beyond the boundary below)
- It cannot be used between Clifton Pastures and Loughborough on South Notts 1; Linden Grove/Carlton-le-Willows School and Southwell on 26/C, 100, N100 or between Spring Lane (Gedling Country Park) and Mapperley Plains (Coppice Road) on Sky Blue 46/47
- trentbarton and Kinchbus
- Nottingham Express Transit – all lines
- Linkbus network, including bus park and ride
It is expected that other operators will be included very soon.
How Do I Use my Robin Hood Card?
When using any bus service simply touch your card on the reader when you board. For the tram, touch your card onto the platform validator before boarding. Please do not present your card when leaving the bus or tram, or you may be charged twice.
What if I lose my Card?
You can register your Pay-As-You-Go card by emailing [email protected]
The Robin Hood Team will need your full name, address, telephone number and the 18 digit number from the back of your card. Your card must be registered at least 24 hrs before you report it lost or stolen to qualify for a refund. The Robin Hood Team will replace your card with the balance on it when you reported it lost or stolen to us, less a £3 administration fee. Your new card will be posted out to you within three working days of your request.
For terms and conditions, lost and stolen cards and all other information for Robin Hood pay as you go travel please visit www.robinhoodnetwork.co.uk
Broadmarsh Travel Centre
Broadmarsh Bus Station