Remembrance Day Parades 2023
3 weeks ago
As the country comes together to remember and show their respects, we're offering free travel for all serving personnel, cadets and veterans on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th November 2023. When boarding, either show appropriate ID or be travelling in your uniform.
There are temporary route changes to some services on Remembrance Day, 11th November and Remembrance Sunday, 12th November.
The Parades we have been notified about are listed below, but others may affect services briefly.
At 11am (on both days), our drivers will observe the 2 minutes silence and will, where safe to do so, park their buses and turn off their engines and we invite you to join them in national remembrance.
Nottingham Road, Church Drive and Sir John Robinson Way will be closed between 09:00 and 12:30, with Lilac 25 and Lime 58 diverted on Sunday 12th November.
- Lilac 25 towards Arnold will follow their normal route to the bottom of Breck Hill Road then divert right Thackeray's Lane, Arnot Hill Road, right High Street, right Croft Road, left Arnold Front Street
- Lilac 25 towards City will follow their normal route to High Street (former Wilko store) then left Arnot Hill Road, Thackeray's Lane to the roundabout to resume normal route on Breck Hill Road
- Lime 58 towards Arnold will follow their normal route to Mansfield Road, but at The Vale PH they will turn right Thackeray's Lane and at the roundabout continue Thackeray's Lane, Arnot Hill Road, right High Street, right Croft Road, left Arnold Front Street to resume normal route
- Lime 58 towards City will follow their normal route to High Street (former Wilko store) then left Arnot Hill Road, Thackeray's Lane to the roundabout, continuing Thackeray's Lane to The Vale PH, where they will turn left and resume normal route on Mansfield Road.
The following named stops will not be served, but buses will observe all stops on their diversion route: Charles Street, Sainsbury's, Portland Street, Daybrook Square, Thackeray's Lane, Calstock Road.
A Remembrance Parade will take place on Highbury Road between 10:00 and 12:30, affecting Yellow 68 and 69 on Sunday 12th November.
- Buses to Bulwell (departing City between 09:40 and 12:10) will follow their normal route to Basford Crossings then right Waterford Street, left Arnold Road, left Hucknall Road, left Kersall Drive, right St Alban's Road, Carey Road, left Main Street to resume normal route from Bulwell Bus Station.
- Buses to City (departing Bulwell between 09:55 and 12:25) will follow their normal route to Bulwell Bus Station then via Main Street, Bulwell High road, right Carey Road, St Alban's Road, left Kersall Drive, right Hucknall Road, right Arnold Road, left Vernon Road to resume normal route.
The following stops will not be served: Bulwell Market (to City), Bulwell Church, Cantrell Road, Deptford Crescent, Piccadilly, Highbury Hospital, Bedford Grove, Catchems Corner, Gordon Street (to City), Action Avenue.
Main Street in East Leake will be closed on Sunday 12th November between 10:30 and 11:45, with South Notts 1 diverted via Main Street, Castle Hill and Loughborough Road in both directions on the following journeys:
- Departing Nottingham at 10:00 and 11:00
- Departing Loughborough at 10:00 and 11:00
The following named stops will not be served, but buses will operate as 'hail and ride' on the diversion route: Rempstone Road, Kirk Ley Road Top, Woodgate Road, Brookside, School Green
Red 44 will be diverted between approx. 10:00 and 11:30 whilst Arnold Lane is closed on Sunday 12th November.
- Buses towards Gedling (departing City at 10:00, 10:25, 10:45, 11:05, 11:25) will follow their normal route to Gedling Road then turn left Westdale Lane, right Holyoake Road, continuing Shelford Road to Wollaton Avenue.
- Buses towards City (departing Gedling at 10:10, 10:30, 10:50, 11:10 and 11:30) will depart Wollaton Avenue, then left Shelford Road, left Digby Avenue, left Westdale Lane (full length) then right on to Gedling Road to resume normal route.
The following named stops will not be served, but buses will observe all stops on their diversion route: Besecar Avenue, Arnold Lane Cemetery, Wykes Avenue, Churchview, Tennyson Avenue, Westdale Lane (to City), Newton Road, Turpin Avenue.
South Notts 1 may experience delays whilst the Parade takes place through Gotham on Sunday 12th November.
Church Street will be closed between approx. 10:00 and 11:30 on Sunday 12th November. The Ruddington Green, Chapel Street and Ruddington Church named stops will not be served by the following journeys: (times shown from Ruddington Green)
- Green 10/C to City departing Ruddington Green at 10:03, 10:33, 11:03 and 11:33
Buses will pick up on Kirk Lane or Easthorpe Street during this closure.
Westgate in Southwell will be closed on Sunday 12th November.
- Pathfinder 26 from Norwood Gardens at 10:00 and 11:00 will operate normal route along Lower Kirklington Road to the mini-roundabout, then right The Ropewalk, right Halam Road, left Allenby Road, left Westgate, right Nottingham Road to normal route.
The following named stops will not be served: The Ropewalk, Station Road, Meadow View, Chimes Meadow, Easthorpe, Fiskerton Road, Farthingate, The Minster, Lowes Wong.
On Saturday 11th November, buses may be temporarily held near Central Avenue, whilst the 2 minute silence occurs.