6 months ago
As the country comes together to remember and show their respects, our buses are now proudly displaying poppies. On Sunday 10th and Monday 11th November, we're offering free travel for all serving personnel, cadets and veterans.
There are temporary route changes to some services, as the country shows its respect on Remembrance Sunday, 10th November.
The Parades we have been notified about are listed below, but others may affect services briefly, with live updates provided on our Twitter feed.
At 11am, our drivers will observe the 2 minutes silence and will, where safe to do so, park their buses and turn off their engines and we invite you to join them in national remembrance.
Nottingham Road, Church Drive and Sir John Robinson Way will be closed between 09:00 and 12:30, with Lilac 25 and Lime 58 will be diverted.
- Lilac 25 towards Arnold will follow their normal route to the bottom of Breck Hill Road then divert right Thackeray's Lane, Arnot Hill Road, right High Street, right Croft Road, left Arnold Front Street
- Lilac 25 towards City will follow their normal route to High Street (Wilko) then left Arnot Hill Road, Thackeray's Lane to the roundabout to resume normal route on Breck Hill Road
- Lime 58 towards Arnold will follow their normal route to Mansfield Road, but at The Vale PH they will turn right Thackeray's Lane and at the roundabout continue Thackeray's Lane, Arnot Hill Road, right High Street, right Croft Road, left Arnold Front Street
- Lime 58 towards City will follow their normal route to High Street (Wilko) then left Arnot Hill Road, Thackeray's Lane to the roundabout, continuing Thackeray's Lane to The Vale PH, where they will turn left and resume normal route on Mansfield Road.
The following named stops will not be served, but buses will observe all stops on their diversion route: Charles Street, Sainsbury's, Portland Street, Daybrook Square, Thackeray's Lane, Calstock Road.
Orange 36 may experience delays whilst the Parade takes place through the Town Centre between 10:00 and 12:00.
Yellow 68 and 69 will divert between 10:00 and 12:30 whilst a Parade takes place along Highbury Road.
Services 68 & 69 towards Bulwell (buses leaving City between 09:40 & 12:10) will follow their normal routes to Basford Crossings, then run via right Waterford Street (link road), left Arnold Road, left Hucknall Road, left Kersall Drive, right St. Alban’s Road, continue on Carey Road, left Main Street, continue on Bulwell High Road (passing the Bus Station), left Main Street, left Bulwell Bus Station to normal stops.
Services 68 & 69 towards City (buses leaving Bulwell between 09:55 & 12:25) will follow their normal routes to Bulwell Bus Station, then depart Bulwell Bus Station at their Bulwell Market times and divert right onto Main Street, right Bulwell High Road, right Carey Road, continue on St. Alban’s Road, left Kersall Drive, right Hucknall Road, right Arnold Road and left Vernon Road to resume normal route.
Main Street in East Leake will be closed between 10:30 and 11:45, with South Notts 1 diverted via Main Street, Castle Hill and Loughborough Road in both directions on the following journeys:
- Departing Nottingham at 10:00 and 11:00
- Departing Loughborough at 10:00 and 11:00
The following named stops will not be served, but buses will operate as 'hail and ride' on the diversion route: Rempstone Road, Kirk Ley Road Top, Woodgate Road, Brookside, School Green
Red 44 will be diverted between approx. 10:00 and 11:30 whilst Arnold Lane is closed.
- Buses towards Gedling (departing City at 10:00, 10:25, 10:45, 11:05, 11:25) will follow their normal route to Gedling Road then turn left Westdale Lane, right Holyoake Road, continuing Shelford Road to Wollaton Avenue.
- Buses towards City (departing Gedling at 10:30, 10:50, 11:10 and 11:30) will depart from the turning circle (the 45 stop) then along Shelford Road, left Digby Avenue, left Westdale Lane (full length) then right on to Gedling Road to resume normal route.
The following named stops will not be served, but buses will observe all stops on their diversion route: Wollaton Avenue Shops, Gedling School, Cinderhill Grove, Arnold Lane Cemetery, Wykes Avenue, Churchview, Tennyson Avenue, Westdale Lane (to City), Besecar Avenue, Newton Road, Turpin Avenue.
South Notts 1 may experience delays whilst the Parade takes place through Gotham.
Church Street will be closed between approx. 10:00 and 11:30. The Ruddington Green, Chapel Street and Ruddington Church named stops will not be served by the following journeys: (times shown from Ruddington Green)
- Green 10/C to City departing Ruddington Green at 10:03, 10:33, 11:03 and 11:33
Buses will pick up on Kirk Lane or Easthorpe Street during this closure.
Due to the current diversion in Southwell because of roadworks on Halam Road, Pathfinder 26 will terminate at Southwell Minster School and won't be able to serve most of Southwell.
- Buses from Nottingham at 09:05 and 10:05 will show 26A and upon arrival in Southwell will turn right in to Southwell Minster School, where they will terminate.
- Buses from Norwood Gardens at 10:00 and 11:00 will commence from Southwell Minster School at 10:07 and 11:07 respectively and then exit the School Grounds left on to Nottingham Road and normal route.