Service Planning Assistant
An opportunity has arisen to recruit a new member to the Service Planning Team to train as a Scheduler and Service Planner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in timetable compilation and route planning, in order to ensure the smooth running of the commercial operation.
- Liaise with the Garage Supervisors and Administrators to ensure that the correct work is allocated to the correct driver.
- Input and extract information to asses bus, driver and route performance. Knowledge of the INIT/Perdis system is desirable, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Assist with the management of the company’s lost mileage system
- Liaise as and when necessary with stakeholders in regards to roadworks and related route diversions.
- Other duties may include carrying out field surveys in order to assess service reliability.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- High level administrative and computer literacy skills (especially in Excel);
- Good Analytical and numerate skills;
- Acute Attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise and plan workloads and work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to use and work on their own initiative;
- Good problem solving skills
Remuneration, Hours and Benefits
- Starting salary is dependent upon skills and experience
- 37 hours per week, generally Monday to Friday (but some weekend working to meet operational requirements)
- Attendance on courses including bus and driver scheduling will be required
- Free travel for you and a nominee on all NCT buses and the tram
- Excellent defined contribution auto-enrolment pension scheme*
- Health care package*
* After 6 months
How to Apply:
Applications are managed online. Before you apply, there are a few basic requirements:
- You must be legally entitled to work in the UK
- Basic skills in reading, writing and maths are important too
- All new employees have to undertake a medical assessment as part of the assessment process
As you complete the application form, remember this is your opportunity to sell yourself. Tell us as much about you as possible and why you want to work for NCT. So, if you’d like to join our award winning team, apply here.
Closing date for applications is Saturday 20 July 2019.