With Christmas approaching, here’s all you need to know about travelling with Nottingham City Transport over the holiday period.
We’re pleased to announce we’re running buses on Boxing Day again this year and are the only bus operator running a full Saturday service on Bank Holiday Monday, 28th December.
We’ll also be running late night buses on New Year’s Eve, through until 03:15 to help you get home after bringing in the New Year in Nottingham.
Over the festive period, the NCT bus network will operate as follows:
- Normal service until 23rd December
- Christmas Eve – Saturday service until approx. 20:00 except on Citylink 1 and 2 which are normal weekday times until approx. 19:00 – click here for last bus times.
- Christmas Day – sorry, no buses
- 26th December (Boxing Day) – special service between 6am and 6pm running on 6, 10, 17, 27, 28, 36, 39, 41, 42, 44, 45, 48, 58, 68/9, 77, 89 and W4 – click here for timetables
- Sunday 27th December – normal Sunday service
- Bank Holiday Monday 28th December – Saturday service*
- Tuesday 29th December – Saturday service* except on Citylink 1 and 2 which are normal weekday times
- Wednesday 30th December - Saturday service* except on Citylink 1 and 2 which are normal weekday times
- New Year’s Eve – Saturday service until approx. 20:00, with some later evening journeys on 6, 17, 27, 28, 36, 45, 48, 58, 68/9, 77 and 89 – click here for last bus times. NightBus running through the night until 3.15am – details. Citylink 1 and 2 are normal weekday times until approx. 19:00.
- New Year’s Day – sorry, no buses
- Normal service resumed from 2 January 2016
* No NightBus, except N4
Fares and Tickets
- Grouprider and Network Grouprider tickets will be half price all day between Saturday 19th December 2015 and Monday 4 January 2016 inclusive
- Concessionary travel passes will follow their normal validity rules. On 24th, 29th, 30th and 31st December, the normal 09:30 – 23:00 validity times apply. On Bank Holiday Monday, 28th December free travel applies all day.
Travel Centre and Call Centre Opening Hours
Our Travel Centre shop and Call Centre opening hours will change over the festive period.
Customers are strongly advised to manage their Easyrider top ups taking into account our opening hours and the level of service we are running. Online and telephone top ups take up to 3 working days.
|Day||Call Centre||Travel Centre Shop|
|Christmas Eve||08:00 – 16:00||08:00 – 16:00|
|Sunday 27th December||10:00 – 16:00||Closed|
|Monday 28th December (Bank Holiday)||10:00 – 16:00||Closed|
|Tuesday 29th December||08:00 – 19:00||08:00 – 17:30|
|Wednesday 30th December||08:00 – 19:00||08:00 – 17:30|
|New Year’s Eve||10:00 – 18:00||08:00 – 16:00|
|New Year’s Day||Closed||Closed|
|Saturday 2nd January||08:00 – 19:00||09:00 – 17:00|