What Is This?
At Nottingham City Transport Limited we take children’s privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting it. This policy explains when and why we collect your personal information, how this information is used, when it may be given to others and how it is kept safe.
If you are under the age of 13 and wish to purchase a travel card, consent must be obtained from your parent or guardian.
Who We Are
Nottingham City Transport Limited (Company Number 2004967) is the data controller in relation to the data processing activities described below. This means that Nottingham City Transport Limited decides why and how your personal information is used.
How We Collect Personal Information
This is information relating to you that you give to us when signing up for a travel card by:
- completing our easyrider Application Form; and
- talking with us by phone, email or otherwise.
The information that you give to us includes your name, date of birth, address, phone number and email address.
Type of Personal Information We Process About You
We may process different types of personal information about you, including the following:
- contact details (your name, address, email address, telephone number)
- identification details (your name, date of birth)
How We Use Your Personal Information
Where there is a LEGITIMATE INTEREST:
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business, for the following reasons:
- to provide you with a travel card;
- to renew your travel card;
- to correspond or communicate with you;
- to comply with a request from you in relation to your rights;
- to deal with queries, complaints, or claims; and
- for the establishment and defence of our legal rights.
Where it is required to complete a CONTRACT
We may use and process your personal information where we have supplied you with a travel card. We will use this information in connection with the contract for the supply of the travel card when it is needed to carry out that contract with you or for you to enter into it.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are located within the European Economic Area (EEA).
If at any time we transfer your personal information to, or store it in, countries located outside of the EEA we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law. This is because some countries outside of the EEA do not have data protection laws as good as those in the EEA.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
We will always keep your personal information for 2 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the reasons listed under “How we use your personal information” above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer time, or to delete it sooner;
- you tell us to delete the information and we do not need to hold onto it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law; or
- in limited cases, the law lets us keep personal information about you indefinitely provided we put certain protections in place.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law which are set out below. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 1 month.
- The right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you by emailing or writing to us.
- The right to ask us to update or correct the personal information we hold about you, for example, if you change your name or address.
- The right to refuse to let us use personal information for any reason(s), as out under “How we use your personal information” above.
- The right to ask us to delete your personal information or restrict its processing.
- The right to complain to the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Changes to This Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. If you do not agree with any updated policy you must let us know straight away and stop using your travel card.
Please direct any queries about this policy or about the way we process personal information for the attention of Sheila Swift using the contact details below.
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 0115 950 60 70.