Nottingham City Transport is proud to support our Armed Forces and we commit to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community. We recognise the value Serving Personnel, Regular and Reservists, Veterans and military families contribute to our business and our country.
We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant by:
- promoting that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, by accommodating their training and deployment
- offering support to our local cadet units, either in the local community or in local schools
- aiming to participate actively in Armed Forces Day by our promotional and publicity material including the operation of a dedicated and branded bus in service on and around the day
First awarded in 2014, NCT was one of only a small number of local businesses to have their Silver Award status renewed in 2017, at a ceremony held at Loughborough University on 10 November. The Silver Award from the Ministry of Defence marks our continued support, commitment and involvement with the nation’s armed forces and reservists.