Boxing Day Buses Back for 2018 with Extra Routes Added!
57 days ago
City Operator of the Year, Nottingham City Transport has announced its Boxing Day timetable, with 2 extra routes added for 2018.
Orange 35/A between City and Wollaton Vale and Turquoise 79/B between City, Nuthall Road, Broxtowe and Bulwell are the two additional routes joining 17 other routes operating for bargain hunters to reach the Boxing Day Sales or to help people get out and about to walk off some of their Christmas turkey.
The following routes will operate to a special timetable between approx. 06:00 and 18:00:
- 6 to West Bridgford and Edwalton
- 10 to Wilford Hill and Ruddington
- 17 to Hucknall Road, City Hospital and Bulwell
- 27 to Carlton
- 28 to Ilkeston Road, Beechdale and Bilborough
- 35/A to Derby Road, QMC and Wollaton Vale
- 36 to Derby Road, QMC, Beeston and Chilwell
- 39 to Thorneywood and Carlton Valley
- 41 to St Ann’s
- 43 to Sneinton Dale and Bakersfield
- 44 to Colwick, Netherfield and Gedling
- 45 to Woodborough Road, Mapperley and Gedling
- 48 to Meadows and Clifton
- 49X to Queen’s Drive and Boots Site
- 58 to Mansfield Road, Sherwood and Arnold
- 68 to Sherwood Rise, Basford, Bulwell, Hempshill Vale and Bulwell
- 69 to Sherwood Rise, Basford, Bulwell and Bulwell
- 77 to Alfreton Road, Aspley and Strelley
- 79/B to Alfreton Road, Nuthall Road, Broxtowe and Bulwell
- 89 to Mansfield Road, Sherwood, City Hospital, Bestwood Park and Rise Park
You can view full timetables in the NCTX Buses App and on our website by clicking on your route above and changing the date to 26th December.
Normal fares will apply on Boxing Day, including £5 Grouprider tickets which cover up to 5 people (min 1 adult, max 2 adults).
The Nottingham Business Improvement District (BID) are once again supporting the early morning journeys, which operate to help employees get to work.
Anthony Carver-Smith, NCT Marketing Manager commented: “Our Boxing Day buses have proven very popular and in their fifth year of operating, we’re delighted to add two additional services to the Boxing Day timetable which fill the gaps many customers asked us to look at last year”. He continued, “Boxing Day is an important day for the Sales, but it’s also an important day for our employees to be able to spend time with their family and friends and we thank our employees who have volunteered to work on Boxing Day to provide our biggest network to date”.