Free WiFi and USB Chargers
We’re offering free, fast, 4G Wi-Fi on all of our buses and rolling out USB charging too, so you can stay in touch whilst you’re on the move!
Whether you want to tweet or update your Facebook status, check your e-mails, surf the web or read the latest news, simply connect when you get on the bus and surf away.
There is a daily data allowance of up to 100mb per device, which ensures everyone has equal access to Wi-Fi when they travel. Remember, streaming (e.g. YouTube) uses a lot of data and you may reach your allowance after only a short time on the bus.
Which Routes offer Free Wi-Fi?
Free Wi-Fi is available on every NCT bus route and we’re the only transport operator in Nottingham with 100% Wi-Fi availability!
How Do I Connect to the Free Wi-Fi?
There are a few simple steps to get connected:
- Ensure Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone or device
- Select nct-buses or NCTX Wi-Fi
- You'll arrive on a landing page which has free content on.
- If you wish to browse the internet, click Connect (top right)
- Accept the T&Cs and press Connect
- Enjoy FREE Wi-Fi on the bus
Are there any Rules or Restrictions?
Only a couple:
- To ensure everyone has equal access to Wi-Fi, there is a daily data allowance of up to 100mb per device.
- Some inappropriate sites are blocked (e.g. pornography) and those which can use excessive data (e.g. software updates, file sharing, streaming)
Keeping your device charged up is easier thanks to at seat USB charging, now on almost half of our fleet.
You'll find the USB charger at most seats throughout the bus and in the wheelchair bay too.
Routes offering USB charging are: 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 17, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 36, 43, 44, 45, 50 (weekdays), 58, 68, 69, 77 and 89.
For peace of mind when using our USB chargers, they are regulated and are produced in the UK to the highest industry standards.