Luggage and Lost Property
When travelling on our buses, it's important to keep your belongings with you and check you have everything with you when you get off the bus.
Most items can be carried, but our drivers can refuse you access if you try to board with an item they consider is unsuitable for carriage. This includes:
- Explosive, hazardous of combustible materials
- Uncovered tins of paint, open cups with hot drinks in or other similar liquids
- Sheets of glass and mirrors
- Non folding bikes (although small children's bikes and scooters that fit in the luggage rack can be carried)
- Any item which would cause offence or injury to passengers or staff
- Any item likely to damage the bus
- Any item of an excessive size
All luggage on the bus must be stored away to not cause an obstruction to the main gangway or any emergency exit. The responsibility for any item of property on the bus rests with the owner.
If you leave something on one of our buses, please call us on 0115 950 60 70 and we can check if the item has been found on the bus* or handed in by the driver.
If we have your item, it can be collected from our Travel Centre in the Old Market Square. Lost property is transferred to our Travel Centre the next working day after it has been found. When collecting any item of lost property, you must provide proof of your identity and supply your contact details.
Drivers have up to 24 hours after the end of their shift finishes to hand items in, so please call back the next day if it hasn't been handed in straightaway.
If you find something on one of our buses, you are legally required to hand it to the driver. Removing items from the bus can be reported to the Police as a 'theft by finding'.
All items of lost property that are handed in are opened and examined (to determine identity) and saved for 21 days and then disposed of, except perishable items which are disposed of immediately.