We’re offering free, fast, 4G Wi-Fi on all of our buses, so you can stay in touch whilst you’re on the move!
Whether you want to tweet or update your Facebook status, check your e-mails, surf the web or crush some candy, simply connect when you get on the bus and surf away.
There is a daily data allowance of between 50mb and 100mb per device, which ensures everyone has equal access to Wi-Fi when they travel. Remember, streaming (e.g. YouTube) uses a lot of data and you may reach your allowance after only a short time on the bus.
Which routes have free Wi-Fi?
Free Wi-Fi is available on every NCT bus route and we’re the only transport operator in Nottingham with 100% Wi-Fi availability!
How do I connect to the free Wi-Fi?
There are a few simple steps to get connected:
- Ensure Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone or device
- Select nct-buses or NCTX Wi-Fi
- Accept the T&Cs and press Connect
- Enjoy FREE Wi-Fi on the bus
Are there any rules or restrictions?
Only a couple:
- To ensure everyone has equal access to Wi-Fi, there is a daily data allowance of between 50mb and 100mb per device
- Some inappropriate sites are blocked (e.g. pornography) and those which can use excessive data (e.g. software updates, file sharing, streaming)
If you see nct-buses Wi-Fi, but it won’t connect and you have an iOS device, try Reset Network Settings. You’ll find this in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
You may find clearing the cache on your mobile device also helps connect, especially if you use a lot of WiFi connections.
On bus Wi-Fi uses the 4G network and areas of low signal may result in temporary drop outs or slow connectivity during the journey. If you experience a regular drop out, please let us know and we’ll liaise with our supplier about network coverage.