All NCT Buses now Fitted with Hand Sanitiser Dispensers
5 months ago
Nottingham City Transport has completed the installation of hand sanitiser dispensers to all of its buses.
The dispenser are internally fitted near the front of all 310 buses in the NCT fleet, enabling customers to sanitise their hands just after they board and just before they get off.
The installation of hand sanitiser dispensers is another measure the UK Bus Operator of the Year has introduced to keep customers safe when travelling on its buses.
Last month, NCT achieved Visit Britain’s official industry standard confirming that it is following industry and Government guidance on COVID-19, social distancing and cleanliness.
Measures NCT have put in place for its customers and employees include:
- Running a full timetable on all services, providing maximum capacity for people to distance
- Launch of Capacity Checker on the NCT website and NCTX Buses app, where customers can see how quiet or busy their bus is
- Safer Travel Guidance available on buses, at stops and online, with printed signage on buses and regularly changing audio announcements, reminding customers about the requirements
- Closing off of some seats on board buses for social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning on board, paying extra attention to the parts most commonly touched (e.g. bells, poles, card readers)
- Issuing COVID-19 guidance to employees and providing them with hand sanitiser, facial coverings, cleaning wipes and gloves to keep themselves and our customers safe
- Assessment of all NCT premises and making changes to ensure they are COVID secure
- Regularly reviewing and implementing government advice and guidance
A recent NCT customer survey showed that 90% of respondents felt safe travelling on its buses and that the majority of people travelling were wearing a facial covering.
The government made it mandatory for facial coverings to be worn at all times on public transport on 15th June, but with exemptions for some people. This includes people with disabilities, health conditions, children aged under 11 and people in specific circumstances.
NCT’s buses are currently carrying around 40% of the normal passenger levels for this time of year, with the government financially supporting NCT and other bus operators as lockdown restrictions are eased.
Anthony Carver-Smith, NCT Marketing Manager said, “The safety of our customers and employees is of paramount importance to us and NCT continues to follow all government guidance to minimise the spread of COVID-19. The installation of hand sanitiser dispensers is another measure we’ve put in place to help people travel safely on our buses.”
Safer Travel Guidance for customers is available at https://www.nctx.co.uk/safertravel