Changes to our Special Timetables Following Feedback
2 months ago
Nottingham City Transport has been committed to complying with government guidance to contain the spread of the coronavirus amongst our staff and customers and we thank everyone for their support and understanding during these difficult times.
We are looking to balance this obligation with one to enable the essential journeys that some people still have to make and introduced our core network today, operating seven days a week between 5am and 11pm. This network reflects the significant drop in customer numbers we have seen in the last couple of weeks and we prioritised routes that have been carrying the most people.
But, based on customer feedback and discussions with Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust today, there are clearly some areas we need to address.
We will be making the following changes from Sunday 5th April, which apply daily:
- South Notts 1 will have earlier journeys between Clifton and City, with the first bus arriving in to the City for 05:30
- Green 6 will serve Lings Bar Hospital on a small number of morning journeys (05:30, 06:30, 07:30 from City) and provide two return afternoon journeys (18:22, 19:22)
- Pathfinder 26 will have an earlier journey and we’re retiming the 26 to better co-ordinate with the 27 along Carlton Road
- Orange 35 will run to and from Bilborough, Strelley and Bulwell on alternate journeys for most of the daytime, with earlier and later buses to meet QMC shift times
- Orange 36 will have a revised early morning timetable, with the first four buses from Chilwell departing slightly later. Arrival times at QMC and City are unchanged.
- Navy 48X will be added to the core network for The Meadows and Clifton, with a bus that arrives in the City for 05:30. Buses will be hourly until approx. 18:30
- Ring Road service 53 will have three key early morning journeys introduced (including Sundays). This will be the 05:13 and 06:09 from Clifton (starting at The Dip) and the 06:10 from Arnold.
- Turquoise 77 will operate every 30 minutes during the daytime
- Turquoise 79 will have earlier journeys and is re-timed to better co-ordinate with the 77 along Alfreton Road
These are difficult times for everyone and we trust by making these changes, it will resolve the main concerns raised about services and provide access to more key workers travelling around Nottingham, as we strike the very difficult balance with complying with government guidance and the significant drop in usage as people stay at home.
These new timetables have been uploaded in to the NCTX Buses app and online at www.nctx.co.uk/services and a printed version is in production, which is available for postal requests (call 0115 950 60 70 or email [email protected]).